Saturday, May 16, 2009

Garden In

I thought I would be smart this year and get my garden started early. Last summer my chiles never ripened, but I thought that was because I didn't plant them until late June. What I didn't understand is that, really, in Western WA spring is too cold and summer is too short for chiles. Or so I'm told. This year I've got 3 tomato plants, 3 chile plants, mint, basil, cilantro and hops. The hops haven't come up yet, but everything else is lookin' gardeny!

Sprouting basil and cilantro:



Mint for the mojitos (everybody needs a mojito garden):


I've got a lovely pequin chile plant that I'm hoping to overwinter in doors this year. I grew one of these from seed once in Tucson:


And finally I've got a thai chile, 3 tomato plants, and an Anaheim chile. Yeah:


They may not look like much now, but check out the Russian red kale my neighbor planted for me. That's shoulder-high:


Party.

So. How's your garden growing?

No comments: