Saturday, November 11, 2006

Working On

So, what am I working on right now? Well, I'm working on knitting my second pair of fetching gloves from knitty, this one for my grandma for christmas. I'm on the second hand, past the wrist cables, and I can't wait to be done. I'm using this superwash wool, which I've never used before. I'm not sure I like it. We'll see if they get any softer after washing and blocking.

Then yesterday I also cast on a new scarf, this one is also going to be a gift for someone. I'm so far really pleased with the way it's coming along. Most of it is just garter stitch, with purls, increases and decreases thrown in whenever I feel like it. What's making it interesting is that I'm using this great yarn called Jealous from the lovely Jacey of Insubordiknit. It's wonderful - green and plied with some kind of blue cord, with tons of twisted cocoons that look like grubs, and then slubs of sparkly blue tinsel here and there. I got the yarn a while back and have been pretty unsure what to do with it... until yesterday when I thought to pair it with this cheap blue thick-n-thin novelty yarn I got last year from Jo-ann's. The result is weirdly fantastic. It's almost finished and I'll have pictures up as soon as I get my camera back from the Hidden Fortress. So, that's the Worms and Fish scarf.

And apparently I am a glutton for punishment after all, because last night around midnight I was within moments of casting on sock #2 of the socks I meant to knit back in June but never finished. After putting it aside for a while and thinking that I might never knit the second sock because the first one was such a pain, I pulled out the yarn and decided it was no longer quite as hideous as it was this summer. So, I will pick it up again soon, but luckily I talked myself out of actually starting it last night. Here's how the first one turned out:


No comments: